The Rajma Quinoa Bowl is a nutritious and balanced meal that combines kidney beans (rajma) with quinoa, vegetables, and Indian spices. It adheres to the principles of the Zone Diet, providing a balanced ratio of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
The Zone Diet is a balanced diet that emphasizes a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in every meal to maintain proper hormonal balance and control inflammation.
Here’s a Rajma (Kidney Bean) and Quinoa Bowl recipe that adheres to the Zone Diet principles:
Rajma(Kidney Beans) Curry with Quinoa Bowl
- 2 Sauce pan
- 1 serving bowl
For the Rajma (Kidney Bean) Curry:
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans rajma
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced (color of your choice)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Quinoa:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, water, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Prepare Rajma Curry:
- Heat olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften and become pulpy.
- Add diced bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, garam masala, salt, and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes to toast the spices.
- Add the cooked kidney beans and chopped spinach. Mix well.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until everything is heated through, and the flavors meld together.
Assemble the Bowl:
- In a serving bowl, place a portion of cooked quinoa.
- Top the quinoa with the prepared Rajma curry.
- Calories: 350-400 calories
- Carbohydrates: 55-60 grams
- Protein: 15-18 grams
- Fat: 7-9 grams
- Fiber: 8-10 grams
- Vitamins and Minerals: Provides essential nutrients like iron, potassium, vitamin C, and folate.
- This dish offers a healthy balance of macronutrients and is rich in plant-based protein, making it a nutritious choice for a Zone Diet meal.